Tips to Consider Before Purchasing a New Phone System
By Jeff Brodie
As business owners what do we need to do when considering new communications solutions for our business. Well first things first, we must focus on the basic needs.
* Make outbound calls
* Receive Inbound Calls
* Do we want direct dial
* Do we want live answer
* Do we want Automated Answer with Dial by extension
* Do we want voicemail
Then let look at areas of our business? Where can we improve?
* Technical Support/Customer Service/Help Desk
* Sales Order Desk
* Reception- Traffic Director
* Accounting (AP/AR)
What areas of the business are we focusing on to create bigger business opportunities or greater efficiencies for our business?
* Sales: Implement call distribution, Findme-followme, Remote Extension, Voicemail to Email, Contact Integration
* Support/Service: Call Queuing, Logging, Call Recording, Service Analysis, Customer Satisfaction
* Teleworker,Mobile Worker opportunities
What other benefits can we look for?
* Advice based businesses would benefit from Telephone Conversation Recording
* Staff Telephone use and productivity
* Reduction of Long distance through reduction of Cell Phone usage (Soft Phone, IP Phone etc)
* Improved ease of communicating with your company for your customers
What areas of my business are we looking for efficiencies in either staffing or productivity?
* Are there tasks that could be automated
* Self Serve systems
There is a lot to think about when it comes to selecting a telecommunications productivity tool for your business; like in accounting a calculator is not the whole solution, just a tool we use to double check our numbers, a telephone is just the end or the beginning of the conversation. It is what we can do between the end points to improve our business that will help us chose a system to fit our business.